Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 6, 2015

Seussical Week Five for Friday



 I'm linking up for Five for Friday for a Seussical week at school.
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

     We had a super Seussical week and read TONS of Dr. Seuss books. My kids love how they rhyme and the colorful illustrations. They would re-read them throughout the week and took AR quizzes on them as well.


   On Monday we celebrated Dr. Seuss’ birthday! I didn’t go all out but we did wear some fantastic hats. I had these in my closet from years ago when I order them from somewhere online. I wore my Thing 1/Thing 2 shirt and wore a hat to join in the fun.



   We had Seuss theme centers all week. I had several word work games they played, read and buddy read all the books, and wrote about the books. Each day we read a book and they wrote about them.




   This was probably their favorite writing activity of the week. Writing a letter to the cat from The Cat in the Hat. They didn’t even question me on if he was real. They just sat down and wrote a fun letter. Too cute! I love their innocence at this age.



  We did a directed drawing of The Cat in the Hat from First Grade Blue Skies. My students LOVED this activity. They listened so well and enjoyed doing art in class.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 




4 comments:

  1. What a nice week you set up for them!! Those cats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! I love planning themes into our weeks! It keeps in fun and fresh for everyone!

      Delete