Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Made It {Crate Chair}



My Monday Made It is short today. I made another crate chair for my room. I would have made 2 more but my staple gun ran out of staples. Now I need to go to Ace Hardware to get more. But here is my one lovely crate chair I made! 


I got some wonderful chevron fabric, green ribbon, and foam cushion from Hobby Lobby, the crate from Target, the wood was from Home Depot and cut by a friend.


I put the cushion on the wood and pulled the fabric very tight. Then I stapled it down making sure the fabric was pulled as tight as possible. I also stapled down the ribbon in a loop to make a handle.


There is the crate in my room! My crate chairs will go around my kidney table for guided reading and math! Now I just need to lower my table down for the kids! This is great because the kids won't kick my shins (their feet can't touch the ground so my shin end up hurting) and  they will have more room because the chairs didn't fit.

Now I'm back to working in my classroom more! Gotta get this room ready for Meet the Teacher!



5 comments:

  1. The crate chair is great. The colors are so crisp and clean looking!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love using them in the room and so do the kids!

      Delete
  2. As soon as I saw the homepage of HCCF Cafe Chairs I got an idea that I am the correct place as I have got what I expected to have. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete