Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to School (Day 1 in my classroom)


When I hear back to school I think of Billy Madison singing before he gets on the bus, all the school supply commercials, and of course getting back into my classroom. I have 2 weeks of summer left before pre-planning starts but what that really means is I have 2 weeks to make the cutest darn classroom I can before tons of meetings, paperwork, and meet the teacher!

Today was my first day back in my classroom and I think it was a super successfully day. I feel like I made a lot of headway in my room! Check it out through these pictures.


BEFORE:

When I walked in the room this is what it looked like from my door. A big mess! Cabinets in the middle of the floor desks, boxes, and stuff everywhere! 

AFTER:
I moved the desks around included my own which is on it's way out the door! I made my desk area and library area on this side of the room today. I also put the cabinet against the wall and put tons of things away and organized them. 


I organized some of my word work games monthly.

Then I stacked them in this awkward area in my room. But....then I put one panel of a curtain on a tension rod and voila just like that I have a cute storage area. The desk you see there is not mine. It is my para-professionals. She comes with a desk so I'm removing mine because it just takes up too much space.


This is now my "desk" area. I just moved my computer over to the presentation area and put a cabinet next to it so I have a place to put some supplies. I love it because it's small and open so I have to keep it clean. Everything is organized in bins and folders so I will be forced to put everything away. I also have my guided reading books on the shelf because this will be super close to where my guided reading table will eventually be. 


This is my library area! The books in blue bins are all fiction. The books in the red and green bins are non-fiction. The books on the top shelf are chapter books that I will eventually take down and change out for the easier books once I know my kids reading levels. I know this area will change some but this is it for right now!

So that's my room right now! I'm going back tomorrow for Day 2 and will show you more pictures as the room comes together!



13 comments:

  1. I NEED that polka dot bean bag! It is TDF!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got it on the Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Research-Classic-Chair-Chartreuse/dp/B005A2IJWE/ref=pd_sim_hg_4

      Delete
  2. I love how you have everything organized so far!! Good luck with setting up! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really trying to stay organized this year and I know I have to have it done at the beginning!

      Delete
  3. It's looking really good. Tomorrow I am going in to check some things off my classroom list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My list is super long as well! I just started a Pinterst classroom list tonight ahhh! I don't think I'll feel settled and ready until October lol!

      Delete
  4. wow, you are fast! It looks great! I can't wait to see Day 2 Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I moved my things into the room I decided on what how I wanted to lay out the room and the essential spots so I did a bit of planning word before the school year ended. Then it was easier going in with a plan because I general knew where I wanted things to go! It did take all day too! Thanks for your encouragement! I always love how your room turns out!

      Delete
  5. Your room is looking great! I love all of your walls that you can put shelves! We have a lot of built ins in my classroom and not a lot of room to add stuff. I can't wait to get back to my room now!

    http://missredheadandfirstgraders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous that you are working in your room!! I can' get in until Tuesday and we start back on Wednesday! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you only have 1 day to get ready!! I think I would be driving myself crazy at home and my house would look like a crazy classroom mess! My heart goes out to you that is rough!

      Delete